Perhaps you already know about the self-love revolution. This idea belongs to Amy from A is for Ampersand. I want to get involved. I want to spread the world about self-love and self-esteem.
This is going to be a personal post. It's still hard for me to talk about this subject, but I'll do my best. I wanted to start a series about self-love a long time ago. I didn't do it. Maybe because I am a small blogger and I can't create a revolution. Maybe because I wasn't ready to talk about all these.
Well, now it's the time. I am ready. I know I can. I know we can. Here there are the reasons why I want to get involved:
- I am a recovering anorexic. It's true. I said it only a couple of times in the past, because it hurts me to talk about it. The only reason I tell people I was an anorexic is because I don't want them to do the same mistake.
- Anorexia is a real disease. It it not normal to hate yourself. It is not a girl thing. It is not stupid. People die. I was about to die.
- February is National Eating Disorder Awareness Month
- I don't want other people to do the same mistake
- I was helped to recover. My family was there for me. My real friends were there for me. That's why I want to help.
I know people judge. I was judged. I was ignored by most of the people. I am a person who wants to do everything perfect, I am a person who want to be appreciated and loved. That's why I continued to starve myself. I though that if I was skinny, people will like me for who I was. It was exactly the opposite.
My message is to love yourself. Appreciate yourself. Give yourself a chance. Nobody's perfect. I want to encourage Amy in this revolution. It's worth it. Life itself is worth it.
Thank you SO much for taking the time to read this post. I means a lot to me. If you want to spread the world, take the button from Amy's blog.