These days I worked like crazy on some projects (a DIY, a new print and, of course, making this blog work). I've recently discovered a great blog, called My girl Thursday, which has a page with blogging advice. I've seen all the videos there and begun thinking. What should I do in order to have a regular audience? I know I AM myself. I really am now, after a period of doubts. I would love to have a pretty, pretty blog, read by pretty, pretty people. Those past days I received some great comments and I am very thankful for that. Do you think this is the way a beginning should be? I would love to know the stories behind your blog! Here are 3 things I learnt since 2009 about blogging:
1. Be yourself. I know this is a very common one, but it is very important. I mean, if you are yourself, then you will stand out in the crowd. I am very emotive person and being myself wasn't that easy in the beginning. Let the people who read your blog know you. You can always write about:
- what you like
- your greatest achievements
- a trip
- anything that it's not too personal and is worth sharing
2. Be constant. Nobody follows a blog which writes posts at months distance. I know this is my case and I am really sorry for that, but now I made it my goal to be constant on this little piece of universe.
3. Be positive. People often read your blog in their coffe break and nobody wants to read your problems. It's okay to post from time to time some posts, if you feel like doing this, but don't make those problems the subject of your blog.
Thank you so much for reading this! If you have any piece of advice, I would be glad to read them :)